All fees are in Canadian dollars and include tax. Use the Bank of Canada's Exchange Rate page to calculate the costs in your country's currency.
Room and Board: Separate agreement:
Shared accommodations supplied by Chapleau Lodge Ltd, which includes 3
meals per day, 7 days per week.
A DEPOSIT OF $1500.00 IS REQUIRED: Payable to Canadian Working Divers Institute *We now accept Visa or MasterCard (for deposit only).
· Tuition $20,500
· Room & Board $4500
· Deposit $1500
· $500 - applied towards tuition
· $1000 - Non refundable (room & board)
Books available for purchase through CWDI for an additional fee. The following books are required.
· Professional Divers Handbook - (Recommended to purchase prior to start of the course for review)
· Commercial Diver Training Manual
· Commercial Divers Handbook
· Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations for Construction Projects
· Construction Health and Safety Manual
· Pocket Ref (Thomas J Glover)
You will also need to obtain the following personal equipment.
· dry suit and repair kit with Poseidon valves
· dive knife
· C.S.A. approved work boots
· 8" and 12" adjustable wrenches
· C.S.A. approved life vest
· calculator (metric converter)
· lined paper
· Rain Gear and Warm Winter clothes, hats and mitts
· digital watch with stopwatch (e.g. Timex Ironman)
· surface knife (e.g. - Leatherman)
· flash light (e.g. - small Mag light)
· three finger neoprene gloves
· safety glasses
· Personal Towels and Toiletries
· *We have laundry facilities on site but you do not need to bring laundry soap.
· light wet suit
· work gloves